960 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 • (970) 247-1438
A locally owned, independent business on historic Main Avenue, Maria's Bookshop has been a community resource since 1984.
2200 square feet of space with custom wood shelving and decor, including antiques and local artists' work, offer a comfortable, homey atmosphere with select "good reads" throughout; yet it's well organized. You can actually find stuff; and if you can't, their courteous staff will help. If an inventory of 40,000 books isn't enough, placing an order is easy and reliable.
- Reduces carbon footprint through 100% LPEA wind power, energy efficient thermal and lighting appliances, and encourages the use of public transport with free trolley tokens.
- Responsible trading in local and green products, and maximum use of recycled products, recycling through the City, and reuse by local businesses.
- Maria's Bookshop is included on the Fort Lewis College Environmental Center's Sustainable Business List.
- Provides agency sales discounts, off-site book sales, local event ticket sales, free exhibit space for local artists, support for new and established authors, and financial and in-kind donations to over 100 community charities and events as well as local public radio and TV.
- Promotes "green" and community-health publications and local events and charities, sells fundraising items, sponsors over 100 local reading groups, and provides a fair and healthy workplace (plus some nice employee perks).
Click a banner to visit Maria's Bookshop online.